Date of Last Revision: September 9, 2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with our Site, we collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”)
1. Personal Data You Provide Us
A. Account Information
Some information is required to create an account on our Services, such as your name, email address, password, location. You may also choose to provide other types of information to make public on the Services, such as a profile photo, biography, country information, your website, and community username.
B. Posts, Following, Lists and other Public Information
The Services are primarily designed to help you share information with the world. Most of the information you provide us through the Services is information you are asking us to make public.
Your public information includes the (i) messages you post; the metadata provided with such posts, such as when you posted and the application you used to post; (ii) language, country, and time zone associated with your account; and (iii) lists you create, people you follow, posts you mark as likes, and many other bits of information that result from your use of the Services. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide through the Services public for as long as you do not delete it.
The Services broadly and instantly disseminate your public information to a wide range of users, customers, and services. For instance, your public user profile information and public posts are immediately delivered via RSS feeds and our APIs to our partners and other third parties, including search engines, developers, and publishers that integrate the Services content into their services, and institutions such as universities and public health agencies that analyze the information for trends and insights. When you share information or content via the Services, you should think carefully about what you are making public.
D. Location Information
We may receive information about your location. For example, you may choose to publish your location in your posts and in your TSDM profile and when you set your trend location on the Services. We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address.
E. Additional Information
If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request. If you connect your account on our Services to your account on another service in order to cross-post between our Services and that service, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service and other information that you authorize. This information enables cross-posting, helps us improve the Services, and is deleted from our Services within a few weeks of your disconnecting your account on the other service from the Services account.
We also collect information you choose to provide to us when you complete any “free text” boxes in our forms (for example, support request or survey submission).
2. Information We Receive From Your Use of Our Services
When you use the Services, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
Log data: Information (“log data”) that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site when you use it. Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Services.
Device information: Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other Users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To authenticate Users and provide the Service. This processing is necessary to perform the contract with you.
As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
· To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests for products and services;
· To customize our Services for you, including providing recommendations, personalized advertising and content (please read below to learn how we use Personal Data for targeted advertisement). For example, we use information on your use of Services features, including information that we obtain through cookies, to better understand your needs and interests in order to personalize your experience with our Services by presenting products and offers tailored to your interests. We use your public information and your location information (described above) to infer what topics you may be interested in, and to customize the content we show you, including ads, with more relevant content like local trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow;
· To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
· To conduct research, and provide reporting to third parties;
· If you ask us to delete your data and we are required to fulfil your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
· To prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuses of our products or services, and ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks;
For individuals in the EU, please see the “European Union (EU) Users” section below for information on what we mean by legitimate interests and your rights.
Marketing. We may contact you to tell you about services or products we believe will be of interest to you. If we do, where required by law, for example if you are a User in the European Union (“EU”), we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. You may opt-out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by updating your user settings. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, please contact us at [email protected] We will continue to contact you via email regarding the provision of our Services and to respond to your requests.
Targeted Advertisement. TSDM may display targeted advertisements based on Personal Data. Third parties (including ad serving companies) may assume that Users who interact with, view, or click targeted advertisements meet the targeting criteria (e.g., men ages 18–24 from a particular geographic area). TSDM does not provide any Personal Data to the advertiser when a User interacts with or views a targeted advertisement. However, please be aware that by interacting with or viewing an advertisement the third party may make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advertisement.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party service to access your account or when you voluntarily share information or content via the Services. Other Users may share or disclose information about you, such as when they mention you.
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
· Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions: providers of hosting, email communication and customer support services, analytics, marketing, advertising (for more details on the third parties that place cookies through the Site, please see the “Cookies” section below). Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
· Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
· Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Site, or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you need to change or correct your Personal Data, or wish to have it deleted from our systems, you may contact us. We will address your request as required by applicable law. You may also update your Personal Data from your user settings.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY DISCLOSURE
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their account and editing their profile.
PUBLICLY POSTED INFORMATION
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Some cookies expire after a certain amount of time, or upon logging out (session cookies), others remain on your computer or terminal device for a longer period (persistent cookies). Our Site uses first party cookies (cookies set directly by TSDM) as well as third party cookies, as described below. For more details on cookies please visit All About Cookies.
Type of Cookies Used. The Site uses the following technologies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Used to provide Users with the Services available through our Site and to use some of their features, such as the ability to log-in and access to secure areas. These cookies are served by TSDM and are essential for using and navigating the Site. Without these cookies, basic functions of our Site would not work. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site and the Services, you cannot refuse them.
- Analytics/Performance: Used to better understand the behavior of the Users on our Site and improve our Site accordingly, for example by making sure Users are finding what they need easily. The Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). The information collected by Google (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States (Google is certified to the Privacy Shield for data transfers). How long a Google Analytics cookie remains on your computer or device depends on what it is and what it is used for. Some Google Analytics cookies expire at the end of your browser session, whilst others can remain for up to two years. You can prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on our Site by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser. For more information on Google Analytics privacy practices, read here.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
You use Services at your own risk. TSDM takes steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to TSDM via the internet. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot, and do not, guarantee that information or content posted by a User on or through the Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services or Social Media Services.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TSDM is based in Tallinn, Estonia. If you are accessing our Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that your Personal Data will be transmitted to our servers in the Erfurt, Germany and the data may be transmitted to our service providers supporting our business operations (described above). Germany may have data protection laws less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in the country in which you are located. Where we transfer your Personal Data out of the EU we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection where it is processed, and your rights continue to be protected.
You may contact us as follows: You may send an email to [email protected]